Only an hour's drive from Melbourne, the diverse ecosystems of the Wombat Forest are a perfect place to experience an incredible variety of fungi. Hundreds of species have been documented and several of the Wombat Forestcare members have contributed records to the Fungimap database.
|A collage of some of the Wombat Forest and Macedon Ranges' fungal species.|
|Wombat Forest and Macedon Ranges Guide.|
Wombat Forestcare has been actively promoting the importance of fungi through its guide – ‘Fungi of the Wombat Forest and Macedon Ranges’. The guide documents 108 of the more familiar local species and provides some basic identification information.
The guide can be ordered directly via the Fungimap bookshop or from Wombat Forestcare and is also on sale at:
• Paradise Book Shop, 46 Vincent Street, Daylesford
• Daylesford Visitor Information Centre, 98 Vincent Street, Daylesford
• Trentham Newsagency, 41 High Street, Trentham
• Trentham Visitor Information Centre, Victoria Street, Trentham
• Aesop's Attic Bookshop, 24A High Street, Kyneton